Giant Sportz is committed to making our facility a leader in the Sports Park industry and we want our employees to be a big part of that success! Our employees are important members of our team and collaborative effort. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team. We look to you, as a prospective employee, and our current employees to contribute to the success of our organization.
Giant Sportz is an equal opportunity employer, where people are respected as individuals, regardless of their race, religion, or country of origin. Employment is “at will” and state laws apply.
The job requirements below will provide you with information pertaining to career opportunities at the Giant Sportz.
Candidates must have a minimum of one (1) year of internships or work-related experience in retail, customer service, sales, etc. Previous work experience in the amusement park industry is highly desirable!
We are searching for individuals who will perform basic customer service, sales and cashiering responsibilities under the supervision of lead or supervisory Park Attendants.
Park Attendants (Cashiers/Rental Clerks/Safety Monitors/Field Referees)
- Must have experience in rentals, retail sales and cashiering, and willing to work weekends and on major holidays (generally Saturdays &/or Sundays).
- Enjoy working with a team focused on delivering an exceptional customer service experience.
- Have a positive and cheerful attitude that will enable you to achieve the highest level of customer service.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic.
- Be computer proficient.
- Be self-motivated, outgoing, reliable, honest, and diligent.
- Be dedicated and focused and able to complete any task given.
- Work well in a fast-paced, busy environment and stay calm under pressure.
- Must be familiar with Paintball or Airsoft.
- Must be willing to wear multiple hats and open to being cross-trained
Park Supervisors (I, II or III) & Park Administration Managers
- High-School Diploma (College-preferred)
- Supervisor experience required or Military E-5 and above
- Available to work on weekends and nights.
- Reliable vehicle for transportation. Must be willing to do some travel.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to collect and analyze data and trends; ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Demonstrates success in providing excellent customer service and bringing problems to an effective resolution with a shared sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Must possess the ability to make quick and decisive decisions, multi-task and meet set deadlines.
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices and policies
- Must be able to interact professionally with all company employees and outside persons.
- The ability to create, follow, maintain, and spearhead special projects as assigned by General, Administrative, and Executive management.
- Strong working knowledge of general computer use (Microsoft Word and Excel) and various internet use (Social Networking sites: Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter).
- Must be willing to learn, train, and expand in various operations and departments as needed.
- Our candidates must love to work outdoors, not be afraid to get hands dirty, and must possess a sense of Adventure!
- Previous entertainment, amusement, or fun-center experience a MAJOR PLUS!
We are pleased to present you with a number of benefit programs that you will be entitled to when you become part of the Giant Sportz Team.
- Park admissions, rental and pro-shop discounts – up to 50% for employee and family (all active part-time and full-time employees)
- Corporate Discount Program (all active part-time and full-time employees)
- Discounts to amusement parks; rental cars; computer/electronic purchases, etc.
- Flexible scheduling (weekend/evening shifts)
- In-service, on-the-job training opportunities
- Direct deposit or pay card options for bi-weekly paychecks
- Social events and activities
- Employee Assistance Program (all active part-time and full-time employees)
- Commission and bonus pay programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Retirement plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid basic life insurance policy
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation leave
- Paid bereavement leave
- Among others…
*All benefits programs are subject to change with notice; prior to enrollment and/or participation of some or all benefits, an employee must meet the eligibility requirements as described in our Employee Manual and Plan Documents.
As Giant Sportz progresses in both growth and profitability, we will continue to enrich our benefits program so that we maintain our competitive position within the Extreme Sports Park Industry.